Green silicon carbide is made of petroleum coke and high-quality silica as main raw materials, salt as additive, and smelted by resistance furnace at high temperature. The crystals obtained by smelting have high purity and hardness, and their hardness is between corundum and diamond, and their mechanical strength is higher than corundum.
Green silicon carbide, suitable for processing cemented carbide, glass, ceramics and non-metallic materials, but also for semiconductor materials, high temperature silicon carbon rod heater, far infrared source substrate, etc. Green silicon carbide is made in the same way as black silicon carbide, but the purity of raw materials required is higher. It is also formed at 2200 C high temperature in resistance furnace. It is green, translucent and hexagonal. Its Sic content is higher than black silicon carbide. Its physical properties are similar to black silicon carbide, but its properties are slightly brittle, and it also has better thermal conductivity and semiconductor properties.
Application fields of green silicon carbide:
1. Application in non-ferrous metal smelting industry. Green silicon carbide is used as indirect heating material with high temperature, strength, good thermal conductivity and impact resistance.
2. Application in iron and steel industry. Large blast furnaces with green silicon carbide have good corrosion resistance, thermal shock wear resistance and thermal conductivity, which can improve service life.
3. Application in metallurgical ore processing. Green silicon carbide is an ideal material because of its strong wear resistance and its hardness is second only to that of diamond.
4. Applied in ceramic grinding wheel industry of building materials. Utilizing its characteristics, thermal conductivity, thermal radiation and high temperature intensity, the plate kiln is made. It can not only reduce the capacity of the kiln, but also improve the capacity of the furnace, product quality and shorten the production cycle. This is also an ideal indirect material for sintering ceramic glaze baking.
5. Application of energy saving. With its good thermal conductivity and thermal stability, the heat exchanger can save 20% fuel consumption and 35% fuel and increase productivity by 20-30%.