The silicon carbide heating element is a kind of non-metal rod or tube shape high temperature electric heating element. It is made of selected super purity green hexagonal silicon carbide as main material, which is made into blank and silicon crystal under high temperature of 2400ºC. In oxidizing atmosphere, its service temperature can reach 1450ºC and continuous use life can reach 2000 hours.
Type: we have rod, u, w, h, gun, single spiral, double spiral, dumbbell, door like type
1. High strength and excellent shock resistance;
2. Heat source is free of noise and air pollution;
5. Long service life,
6. Little deformation,
7. Easy installation and maintenance.
8. Excellent specific rate of heat zone resistance and cold end resistance,
9. Avoiding over-temperature of cold ends to damage the furnace body.
10. Saving energy
Types and application
They are widely used in various high temperature electric furnaces under air, vacuum and other protection gas environments and other electric heating devices, such as industries of magnet, ceramics, powder metallurgy, glass and machinery, etc.
1. Straight type
Straight type Silicon Carbides are used in applications ranging in temperature from 600ºC up to 1450ºC in both air and controlled atmospheres. Although the type of atmosphere used will determine the maximum recommended element temperature. This kind of silicon carbide elements can be mounted either vertically or horizontally.
U shape Silicon Carbide is consists of two silicon carbide rod with same diameter. Each rod has both hot zone and cold end with identical resistance. Two rods are connected by the low resistance SiC. Also the connector could be used as holder according to different requirements.
3. Three-phase type
3-phase elements are available in 2 different types: SGC (Dumbbell), SGD(Standard). These elements are self-bonded silicon carbide formed by re-crystallization of silicon carbide at high temperature. It consists of three high-purity silicon carbide rods connected at one end by a silicon carbide crossbar. SGC elements are designed for vertical installation in standard float glass bathes and SGD elements for horizontal installation. They can be connected directly on three-phase power supply and is a one-side terminal type which permits drawing out the terminals from the roof of the furnace.
4. Single Spiral Silicon Carbide and Double Spiral Silicon Carbide:
They are made from silicon Carbide powder, and have two shapes: single and double sprial silicon carbide heating element. They are widely used in all kinds of kilns and furnaces.
Notice for using and installing
1. Heater should be protected against damp during storing or installing to ensure the performance of the heater.
2. In order to be sure of well-distributed lod of each and groups, heater should be divided before assembling. The tolerance of the resistance of each one cannot exceed by 10% each other.
3. Heater is hard and brittle, please be careful when assembling and maintaining so as to avoid damage.
4. When operating the electric furnace at the beginning, the voltage should be increased slowly and cannot be fully loaded at once. Otherwise the larger current will be resulted in the damage of heater.
5. When heater is damaged and need to be changed, the resistance of new one should follow the increasing resistance. If many are damaged or resistance increased too much, heater should be changed.